Thursday, April 28, 2011

Top 10: Royal Wedding Mania!

Ever since the Royal Engagement was announced, memorabilia has been popping up left and right.  For the most part it's the smiling couple's faces on pieces of china, coins, and stamps.  But of course, there are those few pieces that are a bit more... out there.  Add in the internet, where we can now make videos either honoring or spoofing the royal couple and you're bound to get some interesting odds and ends.  In honor of Prince William and Kate Middleton's nupitals tomorrow, here's a list of my Top 10 favorite crazy knick-knacks and videos that have been spawned from the Royal Wedding Mania!

1. The T-Mobile Royal Wedding.  Remember that fun dancing down the aisle video that went viral?  T-Mobile did a spoof using Will and Kate as models.

2. Royal Romance- TheTheOtherGuys.  This is by far my favorite video made for the royal couple.  It's a parody of Bad Romance made by some of the guys who went to St. Andrew's with Will and Kate.  If you haven't seen it yet, take a minute to watch it.

3. PEZ Dispensers
4. Beer.  While not exactly high brow, I love the name.
5. Royal Couple Nails
6. Ash Trays
7. Toilet Seat Cover.  Is this supposed to be one of those sitting-on-a-throne references?
8. The Royal Refridgerator.  Is this just in case you ever forgot who your future monarchs are?
9. Heritage Condoms.  I thought royals wanted heirs?
10. Sick Bags.  After everything I've just showed you, do I really need to explain?

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha! But I think this is worse. Link is NSFW.
    http://gribsby.com/The-Gribsby-Plate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've been out of town and out of touch, so only just read this post... in just a few moments, you brought me totally up to date on royal wedding spoofs!

    ReplyDelete