1. Arrested Development. Best. Friggin'. Show. EVER!!! Whenever I'm down in the dumps this is my go-to show for immediate pick me ups. I should do a Top 10, or maybe Top 100, reasons why I love this show. There's witty dialog, running gags, Ron Howard's deprecating narration, celebrity appearances, and a political and social awareness. Why am I writing this? I should go watch it now...
2. True Blood. I wanna do bad things with you... I also want to steal Sookie's wardrobe. She has some of the cutest dresses ever! Like Arrested Development, I could make a whole list about all the reasons I love this show. It's like crack- I need my fix. Besides crazy, overlapping, outlandish plotlines (which apparently don't follow the books that much), you have fun characters (Pam and Lafayette being two of my favs), HOT men, cool special effects, and some awesome settings. Can't wait for season four! I've added a countdown to my sidebar.
3. 30 Rock. Behind Arrested Development, I'd rank 30 Rock as my favorite comedy series. It has an awesome cast (and guest appearances from various SNL cast members), and Tina Fey is amazing. You will feel better about life after watching this show.
4. Six Feet Under. Dark humor created by Alan Ball, the same guy who did True Blood. Not nearly as sexy, much more cerebral and often depressing (it's about a family that runs a funeral home), but I got hooked on it and am almost done watching all five seasons. It's definitely good, but not for everyone.
5. NCIS. Soooo cheesy. Soooo good. I once heard someone with an NCIS ringtone and actually squee-ed.
6. White Collar. I once actually turned down a date saying flat out, "I can't go out then. White Collar will be on." It was worth it.
7. Glee. I love Glee, but it's also definitely a guilty pleasure. All the boyfriend/girlfriend swapping? The bands and sets that magically appear out of nowhere? Singing and dancing in the hallways and no one seems to care? It's ridiculous and over the top (especially compared to the first season), but I still watch every episode as soon as it's up on Hulu.
8. SNL. I don't watch this regularly, but I love SNL. If you don't you have no sense of humor and should not be friends with me. Go away now.
9. House. Admittedly I feel off the House-wagon about two seasons ago, but it still ranks as one of my favorite shows. Hugh Laurie is amazing. Kids shouldn't watch this because he makes drug addicts seem cool. Can I have him? Thirteen would be another good reason to watch the show. Olivia Wilde is gorgeous and I like her character.
10. Boy Meets World. Total throw back y'all! Why aren't there more reruns of this show? Corey and Topanga were the It couple of my childhood. And why did my favorite teacher never live in the house next to mine? Mr. Feeny! MR. FE-EE-EENNY!!! It was so awesome.