Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Dreaded Slump... Or Not

Ok, I'll admit it already!  I'm in a total book slump... sorta.

Usually this happens when I've burned myself out on a certain sub-genre, series, or author and end up needing a break from romance in general.  But I can't say that's what is happening right now.  I'm just not that... motivated to read romance.  It's funny because I had all these plans to read and blog over the break, and instead I'm doing these less.  I don't regret it since that time has instead gone into seeing friends and family, shopping, relaxing, and sometimes just sleeping.

And then it hit me!  Romance novels and blogging are my escapes from reality.  Since I've been on break for the past few weeks there has been almost no stress in my life.  No stress means no need to escape.

What all this means is while I'll be around over the next three weeks, I probably won't be posting or commenting regularly until late January or early February.  Sorry guys!  However, I do plan to change my blog layout in the next week or so, and I'm guest posting on DIK from Jan 13-15, so I'm not quite dead.

1 comment:

  1. I've been off work for the past week and have barely read as well. I'm hoping things will magically pick up when I go back to work tomorrow. LOL

    ReplyDelete