Monday, January 31, 2011

Facing The Week Ahead

I'm not that much of a slacker, but after charting out my upcoming semester I've come to the conclusion that the upcoming week is going to be hellish.  I have this theory that professors try to scare everyone the first week (done!) and then work everyone to death the second week (about to happen) to weed out anyone who isn't serious about the course.  Now if only I didn't have four professors doing this at the same time...

Because of the intensity of the upcoming week, I doubt I'll be able to fit in much more than one book or novella, but we'll see how things roll.  As a motivator, I ended up buying a few books I had planned on one day reading.  Sort of a buy-now/read as an "I survived the first month!" celebration.  Here's what I ordered:

Julia Quinn's When He Was Wicked and It's in His Kiss
I love the Bridgerton series.  I have On the Way to the Wedding sitting on my bookshelf, but I'm refusing to read the books out of order.  I know it doesn't really make a difference since they're stand alone novels, but I've read them in order up until now and I would hate to break the pattern.

Captive Bride by Johanna Lindsey
It's her first novel and I heard it was awful.  So I had to read it.  I've been told several times I might enjoy it for the sheer horror of it.

Her Colorado Man by Cheryl St. John
I've never read Cheryl St. John but I know a lot of people really like her.  And I really like the Harlequin Historicals line, so this seemed like a good place to start.

Finally, I redesigned the blog!  It had a "makeunder" I guess.  Since I have zero capacity for HTML/CSS, I tried to pick a blogger template I thought I could work with in the future, and I'm pretty happy with the result.

1 comment:

  1. Love the procrastination chart!! Good luck with school!!

    The cheryl st john book looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete