Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rating System

Lately Kris over at Kris 'n' Good Books has been on a kick about ratings, and I realized I've never set up an official rating system for my blog.  I have one in my head of course, but I thought I ought to publish it as well so everyone knows I'm not making everything up!

5 stars:  I can't stop thinking about this book.  I likely stayed up all night to read it.  I was wowed by  the originality, characters, plot, or development.  I would recommend this book to everyone.  I will buy from this author in the future.

4 stars:  The book ad no problem passing the set down/pick up test.  I love almost all of the plot and characters and thought any flaws were negligible.  I would recommend to almost anyone.

3 stars:  A completely average read.  Some good things and some bad things.  I might recommend it to a friend depending on what exactly their tastes are, but it probably won't stick with me personally in the long run.

2 stars:  The book struggled (or failed) to pass the set down/pick up test.  There were major flaws and/or plots that annoyed me.  I would not recommend it to anyone.

1 stars:  I can't stop thinking about this book.  I likely threw it at a wall or trash can.  I was wowed by stupidity, typos, lack of character development, bad dialog, or simply the fact it was published at all.  I will avoid this author in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Nice. "Eclipse" would be a 1 star for me, as I definitely remember throwing it at a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, for me Breaking Dawn was worse. I'd like to add The Secret Passion of Simon Blackwell to our 1 star list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaking Dawn was definitely worse, but I can't remember throwing it at a wall. Maybe 'cause it was hardcover and I was worried I'd do some legit damage to a cat or something.

    And YES Secret Passion my ass that book is BULLSHIT.

    ReplyDelete